Thursday, May 19, 2011

Injured

During the training for this last race, I started feeling a pain in my Achilles tendon. At first I thought nothing of it, tried stretching, using the foam roller, but the pain would not go away.

I consulted Dr. Google and diagnosed myself with possible Achilles tendinitis. Damn.

I decided I had come too far in my training to have someone tell me I shouldn't be running, so I put off going to the doctor.

I, obviously, ran the race and got my PR (woot woot!!), but knew I needed to be seen by a professional.

I went to my doctor, diagnosis confirmed, Achilles tendinitis. No running. Actually it was more of a "you shouldn't run because if you do, you might rupture your tendon and then you will most likely never run again". 'Nuf said.

So, here I sit. I have taken almost two weeks off. The pain has not subsided. I start physical therapy in a few weeks.

Running has become something I NEED to do. Not just want, but need. It is my stress relief, it is my first love (exercise related). Let's hope I am out pounding the pavement, pain free, very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment